Nail Art - Christmas Lights!

I decided to be brave this year and try Christmas lights. I was obsessed with all the pictures I saw of them on Pinterest last year, but I never thought I could make it work.

I chose to do it on my left hand only, my right hand was red with a red and green statement nail. I knew I had a chance of painting the lights using my right hand - but there was no way would it work with my left!!

For this manicure I used: (click for links)
Zoya Ornate Holiday Collection 2012 - Ziv, Blaze and Logan 
Maybelline Color Show - Porcelain Party
Maybelline Color Show - Onyx Rush

I used art brushes for the cord and my dotting tools for the light bulbs. After I put on a drop of the red, green or gold, I just dragged the dotting tool down a teensy bit to give it a bulb-ish tip.

Today I am going to give the Reindeer another try. I really loved how it came out last year.

What's on your nails this holiday season?

3 comments

  1. So cute! I always mess up my nails as soon as I do them, so I don't even try anymore.

    Sara :)
    The Colorful Apple

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sara! The only reason why mine last is because of Sally Hansen's insta dri - I am seriously obsessed with it! It keeps that awful smudgy wrinkly thing from happening! :)

      Delete
  2. Your nails look so adorable! You must have a lot of patience. Good for you for being so creative, too. I have no patience, no creativity, and no time so, I use Jamberry Nails for my nail art. They're amazing and they have so many designs to choose from. Check them out, I'm sure you'll love them as much as I do. :-)
    In case you're interested, you can visit: www.najdazada.jamberrynails.net

    Sometime this week I'll blog about them with a special giveaway!

    ReplyDelete